Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
From the local paper. For the baking mix, use Multigrain Baking Mix recipe. Adding cranberries gives the pancakes extra color, flavor and vitamin C. For variety, substitute blueberries.
- In medium-size mixing bowl, stir together Multigrain Baking Mix, milk and egg until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Let rest 5 minutes; stir in cranberries, if used.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, heavy skillet; film the bottom with a little of the oil.
- For each pancake, ladle about 1/2 C batter into the skillet.
- Cook until surface appears dry and small bubbles appear at the edges.
- Turn over and cook on second side for about 30 seconds.
- Serve hot, accompanied by warm maple syrup and sliced fresh fruit, if desired.
These are delicious and mine turned out very fluffly and light. The batter thickens up as it sits, so you may need to thin it out a bit. I am going to try the mix in waffles next time!
These wasn't as fluffy as the non-multi grain and it seems a little more dense - but tastewise it's delish. If you are going to have pankcakes - you can have this - the guilt free kind. Thanks for sharing!