Recipe by kikiglis
I bake my own bread and have been playing around with different mixtures. This is the best so far and tastes slightly nutty. Excellent for everyday and feels a bit healthier than the normal white loaf! It is a very easy recipe and takes a couple of minutes to prepare.
Top Review by FoodMummy
This really does have a great texture and flavour. So nice to wake up to fresh bread that taste as yummy as it smells! I added a bit more water in the first stage, and I wanna try with swapping the white and brown flour combination around, but this was an excellent first attempt at bread in many many years. Makes me wonder why it took me so long!
- 1 cup tepid water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat bread flour
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1⁄3 cup mixed seeds (linseed, pumpkin, sesame, poppy, sunflower is a good mixture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ingredients into the bread-machine in the order they appear above, so water first and seeds last.(You can buy seed mixes but I make up my own by buying small bags of each seed and mixing roughly equal quantities of each together in a tupperware box).
- Put the machine on the normal white bread cycle. Make sure the dough looks smooth after the first mixing stage - if not add flour or water as required.
- Sit back and relax. In 3-4 hours (depending on your bread machine) you will have a delicious and healthy bread.