Recipe by Shar-on
I have seen many versions of the Seven layer salad and I have combined several to make up this salad. This salad should be prepared 24 hours in advance of serving. (The cooking time is the refrigeration time)
Top Review by Sharon123
I picked this recipe because our names are the same, and I'm glad I did! This was easy, looked very pretty,and tasted great! I used bacon bits instead of real bacon, and added a pinch more sugar to the mayo mixture. The only thing I left out was mushrooms, cause I didn't have any. I served this with Health nut brown rice. What a meal! Thanks so much for posting this! ;)
- 1 head lettuce (bite-size pieces)
- 5 cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped (some red peppers. opt)
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, sprinkled on onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen green peas (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar, sprinkled on peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, fried and broken up
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass straight-sided bowl, layer ingredients in order listed.
- Mix the mayo, sour cream and lemon juice together and spread evenly over the layered vegetables, sealing to edge of bowl, this could be about a 1/2 inch layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Before serving remove wrap and top with cheese and bacon bits.