Recipe by oh_so_entertained
I veganized the recipe for these pancakes from a health cookbook we had lying around the house. They're really good, and full of fiber.
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup rye meal or 1⁄4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grind the flaxseed in a spice mill or coffee grinder. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the water until the mixture becomes gooey and gelatinous.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients, including flax mixture, separately.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry, stirring just to combine.
- Heat nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat about five minutes, or until water droplets bounce when splashed on it.
- Pour batter on by the 1/4 cup, cooking approximately two minutes on each side.