Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
This cookie can be eaten by people with aversions to white sugar and white flour. Well worth the time to try.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal (ground)
- 1⁄3 cup barley (ground)
- 1 teaspoon flax seed (ground)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Add sugars. Mix.
- Add egg, water, and vanilla. Mix.
- Add salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and powdered milk. Mix.
- Add whole grain wheat flour, and ground oatmeal. Mix.
- Add ground barley and ground flax. Mix.
- Fold in old fashioned oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 13 - 15 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack until completely cooled.