Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
This cookie can be eaten by people with aversions to white sugar and white flour. Well worth the time to try.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal (ground)
- 1⁄3 cup barley (ground)
- 1 teaspoon flax seed (ground)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Add sugars. Mix.
- Add egg, water, and vanilla. Mix.
- Add salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and powdered milk. Mix.
- Add whole grain wheat flour, and ground oatmeal. Mix.
- Add ground barley and ground flax. Mix.
- Fold in old fashioned oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 13 - 15 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack until completely cooled.