1/1 Photo of Multi-Grain Hot Cereal (Slow-Cooker)
6 hrs 5 mins
Chef #1531872's Note:
Made with steel cut oats, quinoa, wheat berries, and brown rice. Adapted from a recipe from the Complete Whole Grains Cookbook by Judith Finlayson. I love it because it is super healthy, super easy, and reheats perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1dump everything into a lightly greased, large crockpot.
- 2Cook on low overnight (about 6 hours was enough for me); or on high for 4 hours.
- 3The original recipe suggests adding additional dried fruits, like raisins or cranberries in the last hour before serving. I topped mine with some maple syrup.
- 4*I used a brown, long-grain basmati rice, but I'm sure any length rice would work fine. Also, I didn't have any apples, but I had some dehydrated apple-chips which I crushed and tossed in -- they worked great.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Multi-Grain Hot Cereal (Slow-Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: