Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe copyright Suzan Anson's Bone Appetit! Gourmet Cooking for your dog. Ms. Anson suggest making kibble in small quantities to ensure freshness and quality.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour (find in health food stores)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup brewer's yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 cups water
- Preheat Oven To 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine egg and corn oil.
- Stir water into dry ingredients, then add egg mixture, mixing well. The batter will be thin.
- Divide the batter between baking sheets spreading evening 1/2" thick, as though for pizza. Bake 45 minutes.
- Cool kibble, then break into small pieces. Store in covered container in refrigerator or divide into individual servings and place in freezer bags and freeze.