Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very moist muffin with medium sweetness. Great for breakfast.
- 1 cup hot multi grain cereal, uncooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cereal, flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Stir in carrots and raisins.
- In a seperate bowl combine undrained pineapple, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in 375 degree oven.
- Turn out on rack to cool.
I really like the flavour of these muffins, but didn't like the texture since the multi-grained cereal stayed crunchy. This is an individual thing, other people may like that in a muffin.
very good muffin. i like the combination of carrot and pineapple. i made some modifications -used whole wheat flour, splenda in place of the sugars, 3/4 cup carrots and omitted the raisins. used egg beaters and 2 tsp. vanilla. great recipe- thanks