1/2 Photos of Multi-Grain Bread
After searching everywhere for a easy Multi-Grain Bread recipe, that didn't have a ton of ingredients or too many steps I finally decided to make my own. I might try topping this with rolled oats or sunflower seeds some time. I took a whole wheat bread machine recipe I knew worked well and added cereal mix soaked in water and added more yeast and more gluten flour. The directions are for a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Can be made Dairy Free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together cereal and boiling water. Cover and set aside for 45 minutes. Add shortening and stir until shortening is melted.
- 2Add cereal mix to mixing bowl, add flour, gluten flour, salt, brown sugar and yeast.
- 3Add milk to measuring cup and add hot water.
- 4Add milk mixture to flour mixture, turn mixer on to stir until most of the flour is incorporated. Turn to speed 2 and knead, adding more water to make a slightly sticky dough. Knead at least 2 minutes.
- 5Turn dough into a large oil-greased bowl and cover with plastic. Let rise for about 1 hour or until double in size, maybe longer.
- 6Punch down. Grease 4-5 loaf pans (8x4") with shortening, set aside.
- 7Weight dough and divide by 4 and 5 so see which on is closer to 500 grams. Scale dough to even amounts. Shape into loaves and place into greased pans. Cover with plastic again and let rise for 1 hour or until double. The dough should rise to the top of the pan.
- 8Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes. Bread is done when it is golden and the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
- 9Note: If you forget to add the shortening to the cereal mix, just melt it in the microwave and add after the milk.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Multi-Grain Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1127.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 2389.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 215.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.9 g
- Sugars 36.2 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
multi-grain hot cereal