1/3 Photos of Multi-Grain Bread
1 hr 5 mins
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
This very easy bread requires ZERO kneading, yet the result is a nice high risen moist and crumbly loaf. Recipe from Power Eating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup red river cereal (or 5-grain or 7-grain cereal)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran or 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope fast rising yeast, instant (or 2 1/4 tsp if you buy yeast in bulk)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1Combine cereal and boiling water in a microwavable bowl, set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2Stir honey and oil into the cereal; heat until hot (about 125-130°F or 50-55°C).
- 3In a separate large bowl, mix 1 cup whole wheat flour with the all purpose flour, oat bran, yeast, sugar and salt.
- 4Beat in hot cereal mixture and egg.
- 5Using electric mixer beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
- 6Stir in enough remaining whole wheat flour to make a stiff batter.
- 7With floured hands, pat dough in a 9x5 sprayed or lightly greased loaf pan.
- 8Cover lightly with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel; let rise until doubled, 40-60 minutes.
- 9Remove wrap, bake at 375°F 35-40 minutes or until bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
- 10Remove from pan, cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Multi-Grain Bread
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: