Multi-grain Apple Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining them with paper cup liners.
- Combine flours, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar and mix until blended.
- In separate small mixing bowl, whisk buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs and grated apple together. Pour apple mixture into dry mixture and stir only until ingredients are blended. Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool about 1 minute before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on wire racks.