A simple curry recipe that can be changed easily by using different meats and veggies. I <3 Curry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots (peeled)
- 5 -6 plump mushrooms
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
Meat or veg variations
- 1 lb medium shrimp (raw or cooked)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 lb firm tofu (cut into 1-inch cubes and fried)
- 1 lb firm white fish fillet (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 large turkey breast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 medium head broccoli (chopped into florets and steamed until tender)
- 1/2 head cauliflower (cut into florets and roast in oven with olive oil, salt & pepper at 400 degrees for 15 mins)
- 1Dice onion, carrots, and celery into small cubes and sautee in ghee, olive oil, peanut oil, or sesame oil.
- 2After about three minutes chop and add the mushrooms.
- 3Once the mushrooms are soft, toss in the garlic, curry powder, paste, cumin, and lime leaf.
- 4Season with salt & pepper.
- 5Mix until everything in the pan is coated with the spices.
- 8Add shrimp, season with salt & pepper, cook until pink.
- 9Add coconut milk and chicken stock.
- 10Simmer until thick
- 12Add chicken, season with salt & pepper, cook until done.
- 13Follow the same steps as shrimp.
- 15Follow same steps as chicken.
- 16White fish:.
- 17Follow same steps as chicken.
- 19Add coconut milk and chicken stock, cook until reduced and thick, add fried tofu.
- 21Add coconut milk and chicken stock, cook until thick, add broccoli.
- 23Same steps as broccoli.
- 24Serve over aromatic basmati rice or thick rice noodles, garnish and enjoy!
- 25Another option is to add fresh diced or drained, canned, plum tomatoes in with the chicken stock and coconut milk.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Multi Curry
Serving Size: 1 (768 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1165.2
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 468.0 mg
- Sodium 741.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 141.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves