Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great dish for cold weather... warms you all the way through.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix broth, tomatoes, celery, apple, carrot, parsley, onion, curry powder, lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp pepper in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in chicken and heat through.
- Serve with rice.
This was great. I have been wanting to make Mulligatawny for a long time. This was the easiest recipe I found and we loved it. I sauteed the onions with a little fresh garlic and ginger, and I cooked the chicken right in the stew. I also added some raisins, and used cilantro instead of parsley. Great. Thanks.
This was great. Served it at an historical reenactment and everybody loved it. Thanks for a great recipe.
I love this recipe~I did make a few changes though. I added 1/4 cup lentils (not canned, but dry), substituted vegetable broth for chicken broth, and left out the chicken. Yes, a veggie version! I like a little heat, so for me, 1/2 tsp of pepper is definitely not too much, and I used 3 tsp of curry powder. Thanks for the super recipe Terri F.~it has become one of my favourites!