Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
My mom gave me this recipe and I looked at it and said "NO WAY, that sounds disgusting". What do I know??? We mixed up a batch of it and it is wonderful....
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, sliced and diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into matchstick size
- 3 green apples, peeled, sliced and diced
- 2 cups turnips, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a stock pot, and bring to a boil.
- Let slow boil for 45 minutes then reduce heat to allow soup to simmer.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Simmer on low for about an hour before serving.
- Serve hot.