1/1 Photo of Mulligatawny (Indian) Soup ( Beef )
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 45 mins
This was my favourite soup from the Bell Canada cafeteria; many years later, I found the recipe in a Soup & Starter cookbook! Its a good way to use up leftover roast beef (or lamb). If I don't have dripping on hand, I broil some bacon, use the bacon fat & eat the bacon!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry vegetables & apple in drippings until soft & beginning to lose colour.
- 2Stir in flour & curry and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add stock, tomatoes & seasoning.
- 4Bring to a boil, then lower heat, cover & simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5Sieve or liquidize the soup & return to pot.
- 6Add minced beef & rice.
- 7Bring back to the boil for 2- 3 minutes, check the seasoning & serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mulligatawny (Indian) Soup ( Beef )
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 670.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: