Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom taught me this one. Don't know where it came from, but very easy to make when short on time and ingredients. A special favorite for kids and cheap to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans vegetarian vegetable soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cansof mac-n-beef macaroni
- 1 (12 ounce) bagof ruffles potato chips or 1 (12 ounce) baggeneric chips
- after ground beef is cooked and drained add soups and Mac-n-beef and heat through.
- serve onto plates and use chips to scoop up.
- goes best with potato salad or like side dish.
My eldest DS thought this was 'just okay' and youngest DS liked it. I really thought this would go over better than that with the listed ingredients. I added minced garlic, onion powder and some worchestershire sauce to give it some umph. This was really more of a casserole than a stew. The potato chips were overkill, thought that idea would make this a fun lunch for them but they weren't interested.