Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Sit back on the sofa, crank up the Christmas carol CDs, and enjoy a mug of this hot mulled wine.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 lemons, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 orange, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 24 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Combine all ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour to blend flavors (do not boil). Ladle hot wine into mugs.
I love mulled wine and this simple recipe does not disappoint. It was wonderful, hot, sweet, tart and fragrant. Thank you so much for posting this quick and easy to make recipe, which I will enjoy often. As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying a mug right now. Made for Sweet December Game 2014.