Recipe by Lalaloula
I think this is a wonderful gift for the Holiday season. It is quite easy to make, looks super fancy and tastes so yummy! Id suggest pairing this with one bottle (750 ml) of red wine or grape juice as it makes enough for that amount of liquid.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely spice mix. I used a dark, bold zinfadel wine, which was excellent in this recipe, the spices and wine blended perfectly together, creating something special. I enjoyed this hot wine drink very much. Thanks for sharing Loula. Made for Fall Pac 2012
The Spice Mix
- 29.58 ml whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 44.37 ml dried orange peel (can also use candied peel)
- 50 g brown rock sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 750 ml bottle red wine or 750 ml bottle grape juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients and fill into a cleaned and sterilised jar (I used a small jam jar for this).
- Tie with a pretty ribbon and attach a gift tag with the following instructions:.
- Empty the contents of the wine bottle and of the spice mix jar into a pot. Heat on medium until nearly boiling, but DO NOT boil. Heat for 30 minutes, then strain the mulled wine and return it to the pot. Keep it warm if you want to serve it straight away, if not allow to cool and reheat when ready to use. You can also add some rum for a stronger version.