1/3 Photos of Mulled Wine Spice -- Gift Mix
I think this is a wonderful gift for the Holiday season. It is quite easy to make, looks super fancy and tastes so yummy! Id suggest pairing this with one bottle (750 ml) of red wine or grape juice as it makes enough for that amount of liquid.
My Private Note
spice m ...
Units: US | Metric
The Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 3 tablespoons dried orange peel (can also use candied peel)
- 50 g brown rock sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine or 1 (750 ml) bottle grape juice
- 1Mix all of the ingredients and fill into a cleaned and sterilised jar (I used a small jam jar for this).
- 2Tie with a pretty ribbon and attach a gift tag with the following instructions:.
- 3Empty the contents of the wine bottle and of the spice mix jar into a pot. Heat on medium until nearly boiling, but DO NOT boil. Heat for 30 minutes, then strain the mulled wine and return it to the pot. Keep it warm if you want to serve it straight away, if not allow to cool and reheat when ready to use. You can also add some rum for a stronger version.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mulled Wine Spice -- Gift Mix
Serving Size: 1 (769 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: