Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My version of a recipe from a local cookbook. Very popular at Christmas, it is not as sour as many mulled wines are. Flavor deepens as it stays warm over a very low heat. Gallo Hearty Burgundy is inexpensive and I feel it is the best wine for this punch.
- 1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Burgundy wine (I use Gallo Hearty Burgundy)
- Combine the cranberry juice, the sugars and spices in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Heat to a simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and heat over low heat until hot.