Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great flavored hot wine for the cold holiday winters.
- 2 (750 ml) bottles red table wine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 40 whole cloves
- 8 cardamom pods
- 1 cup brandy (optional) or 1 cup kirsch (optional)
- In a large stainless steel pot, combine all ingredients (except the liquor).
- Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting and let simmer for about 30 minutes or until the flavors have blended.
- Strain and remove all solids.
- Keep in fridge if necessary, reheat and add liquor before serving.