Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Celebrate the holidays this year with a traditional winter drink made kid-friendly. Kids will love the grownup taste of this spiced, non-alcoholic Mulled Wine as will the adults.
- 2 liters non-alcoholic grape juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 dozen whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- crushed nutmeg, seed
- 2 1⁄2 cups of hot lemon juice or 2 1⁄2 cups lime juice
- Heat the water and add the sugar, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and peel.
- Boil for 5 minutes and leave to simmer for 5 more.
- Strain this syrup into a large pot and add the citrus juice, heat until it is gently bubbling.
- Add the 2 litres of grape juice and keep the mixture on a low heat, serve with a slice of lemon.
Very good! I didn't have the recipe handy when I made this and I was short on some ingredients so I had to improvise a bit. I used 1 liter no sugar added grape juice and 1 liter no sugar added cranberry-grape juice, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons mulling spice blend and 1/4 cup lemon juice. I omitted the sugar since I was very short on lemon juice. I thought it tasted very similar to gluhwein. The whole family enjoyed this while shoveling snow :-) Made for PRMR.