Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted by request
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1⁄2 cup peach juice
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 slice fresh ginger, 1/4 inch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 slices crystallized ginger, for garnish
- Add the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat; stir to dissolve the honey.
- Bring to just a simmer and cook for 2 minutes; do not let the wine come to a boil.
- Discard the lemon slices and fresh ginger; pour the wine into 2 warmed mugs or heatproof glasses; garnish with crystallized ginger and serve.
This was SO awesome!! I was a little worried that it would be too sweet since I am generally a red wine drinker, but I had a few cases of white wine left over from a party I needed to use. I made no changes at first, but as the night wore on I ran out of honey so just subbed a little sugar. After about 6 bottles worth of wine turned into this, I would say its a hit. If you double the recipe, it is about the equivalent of one bottle.