Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful tea for the cold winter months
- 4 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 teaspoons earl gray tea leaves, loose
- 6 teaspoons honey
- In a large saucepan, bring water, cloves, allspice and cinnamon stick to boil over high heat.
- Add tea leaves to hop spice mixture.
- Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour tea through strainer into mugs.
- Stir 1-1/2 teaspoon of honey into each mug.
Thanks for sharing your recipe Alia. This subtley spiced tea is light, fragrant and sweet. I enjoyed it very much.
Great flavor in this mulled tea recipe. The sweetness of the honey doesn't over power the spices. Great for a cold winters day curled up with a good book by the fire place. This recipe was tagged in the Comfort Cafe's tag game.