Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great drink for a break between all the extra cooking chores you'll be doing over Christmas. Make a bunch of these at a time and store in a closed container.
For each Teabag
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons loose tea leaves
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon coarsley crushed cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- cheesecloth (5" square of fine mesh)
- cotton string
- Place all the contents on the spread out cheesecloth.
- Bring corners together and tie with a string.
- To brew place tea bag in a mug and add 6 oz boiling water.
- Steep 4-5 minutes.
So sorry! Here are my stars! Jelly I did a review and I guess it got lost somewhere! I thought this was excellent and have made it since! I use dried orange rind and lemon from King Arthur! I use it in my bread making too! I guess a little caffeine is good! ;)
Easy to make and great. I suggest to use tea of good quality. I used our favorite Assam tea, because I like the stronger taste of it and the lovely colour. The spices and the fruit rind add just the amount of flavour needed to make this a real comfort tea. Thanks for sharing this recipe.