1/5 Photos of Mulled Spiced Wine
Lots of spice and good cheer to warm you and your guest during the cold winter holidays! Hibiscus flowers can be omitted or hibiscus tea bag can be used. Serve right from the crock pot so it stay warm can be diluted with a little warmed water or cranberry juice. Garnish with fresh Cranberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart red wine
- 1 cup port wine or 1 cup rum or 1 cup brandy
- 2 cups water
- 1 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise in half
- 10 cardamom pods
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (Or use a whole orange cut in 1/2)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated use the whole lemon cut in 1/2
- 3 dried hibiscus flowers (optional)
- sugar, to taste
- 1Bring the wine, port, water, vanilla, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, allspice, orange peel or whole orange cut in half, lemon peel or whole lemon cut in half, hibiscus flowers and sugar to a simmer in a nonreactive saucepan.
- 2Or place in a slow cooker on low for 1-2 hours.
- 3Simmer the mixture slowly for 15 minutes.
- 4Strain and place into Heat resistant punch bowl or keep in crock pot and keep on low.
- 5Place 1 blanched almond and several raisins or fresh cranberries in the bottom of each punch glass.
- 6Pour the warm wine mixture over and serve.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mulled Spiced Wine
Serving Size: 1 (1691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: