Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious holiday mulled wine recipe. It is my most requested holiday recipe among friends and is a recipe even those who don't normally drink wine will enjoy. I serve this mulled wine in a silver & glass coffee carafe with warmer and heat resistant punch cups.
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup rosehip tea (hibiscus)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 (1 1/2 liter) bottles merlot
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) bag mulling spices
- 1 orange, in 1/4 inch round slices
- cinnamon stick
- In a large"non-aluminum" pot over medium heat bring cranberries, hibiscus tea, orange juice, merlot, sugar, mulling spices and orange slices to a simmer.
- Reduce to low and warm for roughly 30 minutes before serving.
- Transfer to a silver/glass coffee carafe and serve each cup with a cinnamon stick garnish.
This was a huge hit at my jewelry party!! I didn't have the mulling spices, so I made a really strong cup of Constant Comet tea and used that instead, and let cinnamon sticks simmer with the rest of the ingredients. I also added a splash of peach schnapps for a little extra fruity flavor.
Again I had the honour to drink this at the Chef's house on last year's christmas swap! Even though I am not a alcohol lover: I loved the Mulled Wine! It made me warm and feeling homey. Thanks Carla.