Recipe by Lizz Clements
As soon as the weather becomes cold there's pomegranate juice in my refrigerator! I recently found myself in need of an apple cider substitute (there aren't any good brands where I live) and thought that pomegranate was the way to go. Here's what I came up with.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 black tea bags
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water. Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the tea bags and spices. Cover and steep for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove bags and spices. It's fairly easy to scoop the whole spices out of the mixture. The tea will also be easy to see through considering you haven't added the dark pomegranate juice yet!
- Add juices, stir, and serve!
- This recipe is great hot or cold. It keeps in a pitcher, refrigerated, for several days.