Recipe by Derf
Adds a pretty coloured glass of tea, or in a regular teacup, to a buffet table. Nice taste. from Better homes and gardens
Top Review by Rita~
Enjoyed this warming goodness. Used Honey in place of the brown sugar. Thanks. Made for the comfort cafe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=288536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 7 darjeeling tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups apple juice
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea bags in a 4 quart dutch oven.
- Pour the boiling water over tea bags.
- Let steep 5 minutes.
- remove bags and discard.
- Stir in apple juice, wine and brown sugar.
- Make a spice bag of cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom in a double thick 6 inch square picece 100% cotton cheesecloth.
- Bring corners to gether and tiewith a clean string.
- Add spice bag to tea mixture.
- Bring just to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Discard spice bag.
- Transfer tea to a heatproof serving carafe or pot.