Recipe by ChrisMc
An alternative to traditional cider at parties, etc. This has a bit more tang, and is very tasty.
- 1 orange
- 8 cups cranberry-raspberry drink
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 inches cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and juice orange; discard pulp, pith, and seeds.
- Combine orange juice, cranberry-raspberry drink, and sugar in a 3 1/2-5 qt crockpot.
- Place orange peel, cinnamon, cloves and anise on a double thick, 8 inch square of cheesecloth and bring corners together and tie.
- Place the spice bag in the cooker and cook 2 1/2-3 hours on high (5-6 hours on low).
- Serve in mugs while still hot.