Recipe by Sharon123
Tie a spice sachet around a jug of cider to make a festive gift. Directions to place on gift tag are included. Adapted from Whole Foods.
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons cardamom pods
- 3 tablespoons dried lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons dried orange peel
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods in a plastic bag.
- Crush cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods using a rolling pin or the bottom cast iron skillet.
- Mix the crushed spices with the rest of the ingredients.
- Portion into six ready-made muslin tea bags or make your own with cheesecloth and kitchen string.
- Each sachet flavors 3 quarts apple cider.
- Write on a gift tag or paper and attach to gift:.
- Mulled Cider Sachets.
- 3 quarts apple cider.
- 1 orange, sliced.
- 1 spiced sachet.
- 8 cinnamon sticks.
- Pour apple cider into saucepan or crockpot. Place sachet(or bag) into pot. Simmer 20 minutes and serve warm with a cinnamon stick.
- Replace 1 quart cider with another fruit juice, like cranberry.