Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Do you like Mulled Cider? I made these for gifts one year and gave them with tag instructions. Great on a cool evening. It fills the house with this wonderful aroma.
FOR EACH SPICE BAG
- 1 cinnamon stick (broken into pieces)
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind (grated)
- 2 pieces of good cheesecloth (4inch x 6 inch each)
- 8 inches piece cotton string
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING THE CIDER
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 gallon apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay two pieces of cheesecloth on a flat surface.
- Place broken cinnamon stick, cloves, allspice, and orange peel in the center.
- Bring up corners and tie with string.
- In a saucepan mix the ingredients for the cider and put the spice bag into it.
- Heat till flavors are well-blended.
- Remove the spice bag.