Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taken from SBS Feast magazine
Make and share this Mulled Cider recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 liters quality cider
- 1 teaspoon mace or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 peppercorns
- 10 sugar cubes
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- Place 500 mls cider in big pot with nutmeg, cinnamon and peppercorns.
- Bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes.
- Rub sugar cubes all over lemon rind to extract oil.
- Add sugar to cider and stir to dissolve.
- Add remaining cider, increase heat till just below boiling.
- Add honey and optional brandy.
- Strain and serve hot or warm.