1/3 Photos of Mulled Apple Juice
Perfect for those cold winter nights. If you're looking to spice things up a little bit more, adding spiced rum is fantastic. I've done it with both juice made from concentrate and fresh apple juice and both are delicious
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (12 ounce) container apple juice concentrate
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger, pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon cassia chips
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1Mix the water and juice concentrate together and pour into a large teapot or 3 quart saucepan.
- 2Add all spices to juice, cover, and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat but keep the lid on.
- 4Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Strain through cheesecloth or wire mesh strainer into serving container.
- 6This drink keeps well in the refrigerator to be reheated by stove or microwave for single serving or later use.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mulled Apple Juice
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green cardamom pods