Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
- 8 cups unpasteurized apple cider
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1 (2 inch) pieceof peeled fresh ginger, cut into 6 slices
- In a large saucepan combine the cider, the cinnamon stick, the cloves, the orange and the ginger and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a heat-proof pitcher and serve the mulled cider warm.
I did this in the crockpot, and didn't bother peeling the orange. Just sliced it. This made for a very comforting drink. I like the addition of fresh ginger. Also like that it has no added sugar. Spice ratio was just right. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.