Recipe by Sue Lau
What could be more warming on a cool autumn or winter night than hot apple cider, easily made and infused with exotic spices?
Top Review by Linorama
I love that this recipe has no added sugar! And it's so pretty with the orange slices and cinnamon sticks floating in it. However the spices were too strong for our taste. After making I added another gallon of cider and that helped, so next time I will only use half the allspice and cloves.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 5 -6 cinnamon sticks
- orange slice
- additional cinnamon stick (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Tie small spices in a small cheesecloth and drop into the cider; allow cinnamon to just go on its own.
- Heat mixture on the stove and simmer for at least 30 minutes before serving, stirring occasionally to agitate the spices.
- Float orange slices on top of the cider.
- Pour into mugs and serve, with a cinnamon stick, if desired.
- Makes 1 gallon.