Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from original Libby's Mulberry Rhubarb Jam. First did with kids from Vera Court Community Center near Troy Gardens. All of the mulberrys were gathered using the old method of a big sheet on the ground under the tree with a very long pole and hooks on the end. Hook the highest branch you can reach and shake the hell out of the tree. THE KIDS WERE AMAZED. Mid to late June is the perfect time to gather the Mulberrys. Troy Gardens probably has 25 to 30 fruitfull trees. Now to just remember when they are ripe and then get there to gather them.
- Cook any combination of berrys and sugar together for 10-15 minutes with a little water.
- Add Strawberry Jell-O gelatin.
- Label containers or bags with ITEM & DATE.
- Pour into containers or freezer bags and freeze.
- OR USE JELLY JARS AND PROCESS FOR CANNING.