Recipe by CoffeeMom
You can use fresh or frozen berries.
Top Review by Heidi T.
So I made my very first real pie from scratch yesterday! And this was the recipe I used!! And though it may not have been the prettiest pie in the world, it tasted fantastic. So I was very proud of my first pie-making attempt! I used fresh mulberries from our tree in the backyard and fresh rhubarb from a neighbor. I used Recipe #144878 for Sweet Butter Pie Crust, and the sweetness in the crust was the perfect balance for the tartness of the filling! And my husband was more pleased & amazed than I was! Heh.. I'll surely use this recipe again in the future. Wonderful!
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 cups mulberries
- 1 cup thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mulberries and rhubarb in a medium bowl.
- Combine sugar and flour in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the bottom of a pastry lined 9-inch pie pan.
- Pour mulberries and rhubarb into the pie pan and add remaining flour mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Place top crust, cut steam vents, and flute edges.
- Bake at 425°F for 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is browned and juice is bubbling out of steam vents.