1/1 Photo of Mulberry Cream Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Creamy. Delicious. Lurid purple. What else could anyone want, in a pie? This recipe is incredibly tasty, the bananas a perfect addition to the sweet berry custard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 425.
- 2Run the mulberries through a food mill to remove stems and seeds. This should make about 1-2 cups of liquid.
- 3In a bowl, mix flour and sugar.
- 4Slowly stir in evaporated milk until smooth.
- 5Whisk in eggs and vanilla until blended.
- 6fold in 1 cup of the mulberry liquid.
- 7Slice the bananas into thin rounds to cover the bottom of the pie.
- 8pour custard mixture over top. Bananas will float to the surface.
- 9Bake @ 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 45 minutes or until custard has set. Let cool completely before cutting.
- 10Optimally served cold, topped with fresh whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mulberry Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 153.1 mg
- Sodium 234.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 42.9 g
- Protein 9.5 g