Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
Kimchi is typically red, high in sodium, and very strong tasting. Some people find it too strong and salty. White kimchi is very nice. It has less salt, and is refreshing in the summer time, whilst packing the garlic and tangy taste.
- 1 lb chinese radish, sliced into 2 by 1/2 by 1/8-inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dried red pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 scallions, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, julienned for garnish
- In a large jar or large container, combine all ingredients, except red bell pepper cover, and let sit at room temperature for 2 days. Serve cold with the red pepper garnish. The kimchi may be stored, chilled, for up to 1 week.
I really like this recipe. I made it with regular napa cabbage since I didn't have any radishes. This is more of a lighter flavor than regular kimchi and I felt it was more healthier for me as well. Serves 4 but I ate it all at one sitting. Added more peppers and garlic as well since I love them!