This is my family's take on a wonderful comfort food.
Make and share this Mujadrah - Lentils and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Sauté lentils briefly.
- Cover with 3 cups water/stock.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes while sautéing onions (and garlic if using cloves) till transparent or a little brown.
- Add rice to onions and sauté for a moment.
- Transfer onions and rice to lentils and add water to cover.
- Add lemon juice, spices to taste, stir.
- Bring to simmer, cover, let cook approximately 40--45 minutes (will take less time if using white rice) stirring occasionally.
- Add more lemon juice, spices if desired.