1/4 Photos of Mujadarah ("lentils With Rice") Middle East, Palestine
Pali's Favorites's Note:
This is a really simple dish that is very satisfying, especially during Ramdan. My brothers never really got full off of just rice and beans, so I would always make fried chicken with this dish to fill their bellies :) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine lentils, water, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes or until lentils are half cooked.
- 2Add rice and cumin. Cook until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3Quarter and slive peeled onions. Fry in oil until dark brown. Drain the onions and reserve. Pour the cooked oil over the mujadarah. Mix well.
- 4Garnish with the onions. Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mujadarah ("lentils With Rice") Middle East, Palestine
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g