Recipe by LARavenscroft
I really like this better than the jarred sauces and I know exactly what's in it and don't have to read the label everytime I need enchilada sauce.
Top Review by jcrozier
Absolutely yummy. We use green chiles because we are all wimps when it comes to spicy! Like poster mentioned, it is nice to know exactly what is in the sauce. And it tastes better.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup anaheim chili, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a medium saucepan with spray oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, oregano and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.