Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have never made this recipe. I posted it in answer to a request. Please post a review if you try it.
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- pistachios (optional, to garnish) or almonds (optional, to garnish)
- Blend ground rice in a 1/4 cup of milk.
- Bring remainder of milk to a boil and blend in the ground rice mixture, salt & sugar.
- Stir constantly until the mixture bubbles gently (medium high heat).
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stir frequently lower heat if necessary so the mixture cooks slowly Add ground almonds and blend until smooth.
- Add rose water.
- Remove from heat and stir occasionally until the mixture cools slightly.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with nuts (optional).
I made this recipe and subbed coconut for the ground almonds. I added vanilla. I thought it needed to be a little bit thicker, but it was still good.I doubled this recipe as you can see in the picture. Thanks for the recipe.
Great recipe! Brought fond memories of my childhood. Tried it with modifications. Thanks a lot.
This is the same recipe as in the Complete Middle East Cookbook By Tess Mallos although she also says you can garnish with pomegranate seeds too.