Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cold rice dessert served with fresh fruit.
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 5 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- orange blossom water (add at end)
- almonds (add at end)
- In a small bowl mix the rice with a small amount of milk.
- In a saucepan start to boil the milk and add the rice and milk mixture.
- The same way as you make custard, keeping stirring with a wooden spoon but it takes about 15/20 minutes.
- Actually it reminds me of slow cooking polenta which also would be good for coeliacs.
- When stirring until it tastes cooked and leave to cool.
- You can serve with in pretty dishes with fresh fruit.
- I found this amount of sugar rather sweet, so you might want to reduce it.