Recipe by eatrealfood
Cauliflower marinated in a spicy yogurt mixture and then grilled. A nice vegetarian option if you're tired of tofu and soy burgers during summer barbecues.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup gram flour (besan, chickpea flour)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds or 1⁄2 teaspoon methi leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 skewers (if wood, soak in water 24hrs)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- chat masala (optional)
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, whirl the yogurt, gram flour, cilantro, ginger, garlic, chilis, garam masala and salt until smooth.
- Heat oil, add the fenugreek and paprika, cook until the seeds just turn color, and add into the yogurt mixture.
- Cut the cauliflower head into 4 inch florets, and cook in microwave on high until tender-crisp (or you can blanch them if you wish).
- Cool florets and then immerse them in the yogurt mixture, ensuring that they are all fully covered, and let them marinate in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 6hrs.
- Skewer the florets, place under broiler for until the florets soften and char in places.
- Remove and baste with melted butter and sprinkle with chaat masala.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges.