1/1 Photo of Muffuletta W/ Kickin Olive Salad
This is my favorite sandwich in the entire world and I felt the need to share. The spicy pickled vegetables give the olive salad an extra kick. If you try it, please let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1/2 cup black olives (no seeds)
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup pickled vegetables (jarred)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 loaf focaccia bread, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces assorted cured meats such a1/4s salami, ham, and mortadella (thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Pulse olives, vegetables, and oil in a food processor until chopped, add a bit of the stuffed olive brine if salad needs it.
- 3Brush cut sides of the focaccia with vinegar and sprinkle with oregano.
- 4Layer meats and cheese on the bottom half of the bread. Top with olive salad and the other half of the bread. Wrap in foil and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- 5Slice into quarters, then cut each quarter in half diagonally, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Muffuletta W/ Kickin Olive Salad
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.2
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 1457.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives