Recipe by Mysterygirl
I served this at a company luncheon that I hosted and it was a BIG hit with everyone who loves olives and a couple of people who don't. Mortadella is an Italian bologna, any garlic bologna would work.
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1 cup chopped pitted black olives or 1 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 lb salami
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mild cheese
- 1⁄3 lb mortadella
- 1⁄3 lb prosciutto
- tomatoes, sliced
- shredded lettuce
- Take 1 loaf fresh Italian bread (one big round for a traditional muffuletta) slice in half, dig out some of the bread.
- Make the olive salad by combining olives, garlic, peppers and vinegar.
- Drizzle some of the olive oil and juice from the salad on each side of the open loaf- use plenty.
- On the bottom, place meats,cheeses, tomatoes, lettuce and olive salad.
- Top with other piece of bread and cut into wedges.