Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is slightly different than another recipe for Muffuletta Salad that's posted here. Originally from a Good Morning America Show from January 2001 with Emeril Lagasse.It's a great meal with some crusty bread in the summer when it's too hot to cook!
- 1419.54 ml water
- 12.32 ml salt
- 453.59 g small shell pasta or 453.59 g other small dry pasta
- 226.79 g bulk salami, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 453.59 g bulk provolone cheese, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 226.79 g bulk mortadella, ham, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 226.79 g bulk boiled ham, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 20 pitted jumbo black olives, sliced
- 20 large pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 59.14 ml minced onion
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh thyme leave
- 236.59 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 88.74 ml cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml hot sauce (to taste)
- 14.79 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml pepper, freshly ground
- Combine water and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a larger bowl, combine pasta,salami,provolone,mortadella, boiled ham, olives,onion,celery,parsley, and thyme.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar,worcestershire,hot sauce,garlic,pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Then, gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Pour over salad mixture and add remaining 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Toss to mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least eight hours before serving.